New features to be added to all Apple devices.
Apple has revealed, at their developer’s conference this past June, a range of new software updates to their iPhone, iPad, and smartphone devices. These new upgrades will kick in this past Monday (September 18), bringing with them a slew of cool new features.
Among the new features are a newly-streamlined keyboard layout, new standby modes, increased customization capabilities, and the most comprehensive reworking of the smartphone interface since its inception.
For the purposes of this article, we will unveil some of the available details that we know this exciting new upgrade will entail.
So buckle up and let’s go…
Downloads for the devices will be available from September 18 at 18:00 pm GMT. In an interesting development, for the first time, users will be able to download all new updates to the relevant device simultaneously instead of the previous staggered installation.
All Apple smartphones dating back to 2018’s iPhone XS, all Apple tablets dating back to 2017’s iPad Pro, and Apple watches dating back to 2018’s Series 4 can utilize the new software upgrades.
All software updates are free to upgrade from Apple. Be very wary of any update notification that requests payment, it is almost certainly a malicious scam.
For the iPhone device, new features will include:
- Improved Autocorrect allowing you to swear in a grammatically correct manner, in addition to anticipating and suggesting completion of full sentences.
- Customization of contact details, allowing you to choose which picture and even color-scheme to show when talking to someone.
- New and improved Standby mode which lets you use the device as a smart display, showing time, widgets, photo, or other information displayed even when in charging mode.
- Check-In mode that allows you to share location with others. Once you return home, it will notify relevant parties and will even send a notification explaining any delays in arrival.
For the iPad device, the new features include:
- Apple has added some new features to the lock screen on the iPad, among which include widgets, animated wallpaper, live flight tracking, and changing the typeface.
- Apple has added a new Health Tracking feature that will measure sleeping time, physical activity, number of steps and distance walked that day, etc.
For the Apple smartwatch device, new features include the following:
- All built-in apps have been given a lively new spruce-up with more vivid colors, attractive animation, in addition to the incorporation of more data onscreen to mitigate the need for scrolling.
- Widgets are now to be instantly accessible from the watch interface simply by swiping from the bottom to bring up the menu.
- A new app that is used for cyclists wanting to measure metrics such as speed, distance, and even heart rate.
All told, these are new upgrades that are both exciting and genuinely advantageous for everyday use.